Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Send Off to Remember.

It was a bright sunny Saturday, 20th of July, 2013. I received the text-"I have started, where are you" and I replied " I am starting as well". Like many times, I've said I'm going to ground, and started. It wasn't too chilly, so my Red Discover started off without any hiccup. A pleasant meet with couple of my friends at cellar, and a customary "good morning" and rise in throttle to ensure they understand I am in hurry.

The lanes which are always jammed with traffic seemed quite different- yes the reason is obvious, Sunday morning 6:30 AM it was. Just like how electric trains starting from Secunderabad towards north enter Kazipet, I did make it on time to my Kazipet, which happens to be my friends home- which has become my highway. Then after negotiating numerous turnings and lanes, I finally reached Osmania University Main Entrance. From there, I can throttle freely. I did a constant speed of above 50 Kmph, so as to ensure I am not wasting any time. Finally I reached the point where the Osmania University was finished. 

I entered the Sitaphalmandi road and found I was the only person on the road. I throttled as if there was no tomorrow. top speed of 70 and I decelerated because the road wasn't so good. Then came the Sitaphalmandi fly over. That is an interesting fly over, with birth of unintentional speed brakers. One cannot simply go above 40 KMPH may it be he is the only person to ride the bike. Finally after doing some constant 40+ speed, I reached Secunderabad. And even here, I had to go straight, so as to ensure I enter the Bhoiguda entrance of Secunderabad railway station. I parked the bike and rushed to take the platform ticket.

His dad dropped him and he left. He is alone. Charminar Express entered with the then customary link- Lallaguda WAP 7. He was near lawn on platform ten. He was going on a tour just to travel in that train. He had a backpack and a handy bag. Numerous things were unloaded off Charminar Express Luggage Van and finally even it moved out to its final destination.

Finally the announcements for the train he was waiting started. We moved to the platform on which his coach was going to come. The train entered. The loco was the very same one when we both met earlier. After getting himself settled in his berth, which happened to be side lower, we both got down. After customary loco inspection, the train got started to move out. And minutes before the pull, his phone peeped for an unfortunate text- "Tracks washed off near Tulijapur".

The train started despite of the sad news, which probably the Loco Pilot himself didn't knew.
Yes- I went to see off Y. Anil Kumar, who was going to Bhopal in Primo Supremo of SWR- Rajdhani Express. In case if you feel I have ended this on a strange note of unsure journey, please find yourselves comfortable at his travelogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment