Friday, November 8, 2013

My first interaction with a stranger.

20:10- We start off from home. Even though Duvvada is not even a Kilometer away from where we stay- we have to go all the way to Anakapalle to catch Secunderabad Bound Garib Rath. Both of my cousins and my brother in law- My uncle had to miss out because of ill health and my aunt stayed back with him.

20:25- We hit maximum speed in Santro Xing, cruising towards Anakapalle.

20:40- We reach Station. We park the car and do customary platform check. Its Platform 2, as usual.

20:45- We all talk about our educational lives, funny moments in colleges, the way marks are allotted to people.

20:50- Crowd gather. All residents of employees of Vishakapatnam Steel Plant, NTPC, etc come to catch this train at Anakapalle as going to Vishakapatnam is not a better option in all aspects.

21:10- First announcement regarding the arrival of 12739 Vishakapatnam Secunderabad Garib Rath. Coach numbers are displayed.

21:20- Three minutes delayed already. My cousin starts pulling my leg as few good looking girls stand at the coach indicator of my coach- G8.

21:30- Still announcements- no sign of train. Train Enquiry says train started on time. 13+ minutes delay already.

21:40- Finally a triangle of lights- two marker lights and one headlamp. Then honk and finally the locomotives arrives onto platform. Arakkonam WAP1 is in lead.

21:42- That girl enters my coach, and I being the only other person to board- enters the train.

21:43- I shake hands with all the three. Loco pilot gives a loud honk and loosens the throttle wheel. Yes not a good LP, he gave a indecent jerk with Non CBC coupling consist.

21:45- Cursing the cunning SCR, enters my coach- hoping that I get to sit for sometime in my Side Lower berth, without either already occupied Side Middle or someone ready to see my face and then put on side middle.

21:46- I find my berth is alive. Only two people in the compartment besides mine, who have already occupied their upper berths.

21:47- Pulled out my identity proof for ticket verification- he says all those seats are booked under single PNR. Most probably they might have missed the train. I ask the friendly TTE to show me the chart, he doesn't hesitate. Found out that boarding point was Vishakapatnam, so they need to catch a flight upto Vijayawada in case if they have to catch this train.

21:49- The girl who my cousin was talking about, she was victim of South Central Railways scheme to get profit- yes she was given Side Middle Berth. No sooner she heard my conversation with TTE, she asked if she could be given any one of those.

21:50- She chooses Side Upper. In the mean time- I update the loco link to my friend Amarnadh Varma, who stays at Samalkot. He wishes me a happy journey.

22:15- A random conversation regarding the rules of refund. Yes, I being a railfan, has good knowledge on those refund rules- yes with that girl.

22:30- That conversation of refund of rules change to professional lives. She was a B Tech student, studying in Hyderabad. She came home for the festival and she is hurrying back a day before actual reopening for her assignments.

22:45- I said her about my passion in Indian Railways. She got shocked. I let her know that there are thousands of people like me. She listened it quite well.

23:00- The train comes to a brief halt at Samalkot. Yes the time is being made up. Half an hour delay is now just 20 minute one. I get down, grab myself a cup of tea. That was probably first time I talked to a stranger for so long time.

23:10- Train jerks off at Samalkot. I have to pay him money. I show him a 500 rupees note. He says- "Malli ochinappudu ivvu" (Pay when you revisit). Thankfully, I get to catch my door right before the train hit good speed.

23:15- She was working on her laptop, meanwhile, I notice one of those two deserted lowers occupied by an old lady. I asked if she would exchange her berth with me. She says she would vacate my berth in ten minutes and she was bang on time. She closed her laptop. A good night and I was into deep sleep.

01:50- We were crawling at Vijayawada Outer. Without hesitation, I went back into sleep.

06:30- I woke up, our train was looped at Wangapalli.

06:45- Constant high speed run. I was on my side lower.

07:15- Bhongir Loop.

07:30- Bibinagar at Maximum Permissible Speed of 90 KMPH.

07:40- I decide to go to the door. Ghatkesar is a place with very high speed. Green Coaches- Green atmosphere- train rushing at a very high speed. That is what I consider heaven.

07:50- I enter my berth again. She was on my berth. One last time we exchange pleasantries. Train was entered Charlapalli first loop.

08:05- Gate Way of Secunderabad- Danger signal at Moula Ali. Moula Ali is famous for trains halting for 10-30 minutes before actually entering Secunderabad.

08:10- We finally get a proceed. In these five minutes, I explained her how crucial this signal was. She was wondering as almost all the times she traveled to Secunderabad, she woke up at Secunderabad.

08:22- We were crawling at Secunderabad outer. Ghaziabad WAP 5.

08:25- We finally enter platform. Platform 7 it is. I bid her bye, went to ticket counter at platform 7, but ticket to Vidyanagar. In the meanwhile- I find a Duronto on platform 1. I walked all the way to platform 1. It was 12213 Yesvantpur-Delhi Sarai Rohilla Duronto Express. Yes, that WAP 5 will be augmented to 12213.

08:30- I decide to shoot the augmentation from my mobile. And I do it.

08:35- My MMTS bound for Falaknuma whistles and it does a parallel run with 12213. I record it too.

08:50- I get down at Vidyanagar. Walks all the way to home.

09:10- Home, sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment