Saturday, November 16, 2013

Just like how all the things we would like to see do not occur...

With the retirement of Sachin Tendulkar, all the four top order batsmen who had cemented their place are completely out of Indian team. Now that even Sehwag and Gautam Gambhir are not being picked for Indian side for so called "Lack of Form", the number of people from batting line up which I thought it was the best are absolutely down to zero. Anyways, here is the best Indian XI I wish I could see:

1) Virender Sehwag
2) Gautam Gambhir
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) VVS Laxman
7) MS Dhoni
8) Ravichandran Ashwin
9) Anil Kumble (C)
10) Zaheer Khan
11) Javgal Sreenath

Be it Virat Kohli, whom I am following closely since his start of career and to whom I am a huge fan of or be it Cheteshwar Pujara, who has all qualities of being the best test cricketer in the world or be it Rohit Sharma, who has class in him and is gradually throttling his career at perfect rate or be it Shikar Dhawan, who is doing heroics like Virender Sehwag- no one can match the class and style of the so called Fab Four of Indian Cricket- 3. Sachin Tendulkar, 4. Sourav Ganguly, 5. Rahul Dravid and 6. V.V.S. Laxman.

There may be cricketers who are technically better than the Fab Four, but their cricket is unique and it has set standards for all the people of India. It is the cricket one tries to play and it is the game which India considers as "Perfect Textbook Cricket".

As I cannot see this happen in my life, I wish one fine day, I wake up with a dream that India has clinched the ICC Test Championship at Lords in 2017 with the above playing XI against Australia with Sachin, Dravid scoring centuries and with me and my brother seeing the match with the very same intensity just like how we saw India-Pakistan WC 2003 match at Centurion.

No comments:

Post a Comment